HR software is a digital solution for managing and optimizing the daily human resources tasks and overall HR goals of an organization. HR software makes it possible for HR staff and managers to better allocate their time and resources to more productive, profitable efforts.
HR software assists an organization’s human resources department by automating manual tasks, keeping employee information organized, and creating data-driven reports. This is all done electronically, eliminating the need for paper documents. HR software can also serve employees and managers within an organization, assisting with tasks like time tracking, updating employee directories, and performance management.
Some of the functions HR software can perform include:
- Securely storing and organizing employee data
- Creating workflows and tracking approvals
- Self-service time tracking
- Performance management and goal tracking
- Benefits administration and management
- Pre-boarding, onboarding, and offboarding automation
- Third-party application integrations
- Monitoring all data changes with an audit trail
- Producing custom reports to provide strategic insight